Yesterday was my 25th birthday! Birthdays are my absolute favorite thing and I have been celebrating since Thursday and will continue to through the end of the month ending with a big birthday trip next weekend. It's crazy to think that I am actually a quarter of a century old. I'm not going to lie my life is nowhere near what I thought it would be at 25, but I am ok with that. I have learned a lot in my 25 years though and I thought it would be good to share some of it with all of you. Today I have 25 life lessons that I've learned through the years and below that are 25 beauty lessons I've learned too.
25 LIFE LESSONS
1. The quality of your friends is much more important than the quantity of your friends.
2. At college you can learn just as much outside the classroom as inside the classroom.
3. Listen to your Mom's advice.
4. If you overwork yourself, don't take care of yourself, and/or don't sleep you will be miserable and burnout at some point.
5. Don't diet, instead eat healthy because going on a strict or very restrictive diet won't last.
6. Wear sunscreen and apply it properly because skin cancer is a very real and very dangerous thing.
7. Be nice and polite, but stand up for yourself when necessary. Don't let others push you around.
8. If something is really bothering you go to the doctor and get it checked out, it's better to be safe than sorry.
9. Wash your hands frequently and be a little bit of a germophobe because it will help prevent you from getting sick.
10. Take good care of your skin, it's the largest organ we have and also the one everyone sees. Taking good care of it is not only good for you, but will help it look better in the long run.
11. Speak up for what you want.
12. Don't bother arguing with someone who's "always right" or is too stubborn to see someone else's point of view, it's not worth it, you'll never get what you want, and it's a waste of time.
13. Make time to spend with your family, especially your parents.
14. Get an external battery for your phone and keep it in your purse, it will save you from the anxiety of being somewhere you don't know or needing an Uber and only having 5% battery.
15. When you go out make sure that all of your friends get home safely or are going to a place they will be safe.
16. As women it is our job to look out for each other.
17. Listen to your gut, if a guy gives you the creeps, a situation makes you uncomfortable, or you know something is wrong listen to that voice and get out of there.
18. If you suffer from anxiety, depression, or any other mental health issues seek out help and don't feel one bit embarrassed about it. Trust me, getting the help you need can be life changing.
19. Spend a night in relaxing, binge on Netflix, and indulge in your guilty pleasure. Small things like these can help you to reset and recharge.
20. Don't judge a book by it's cover, you never know what is going on in someone else's life.
21. If you're eating healthy and cheat don't beat yourself up, enjoy your cheat and then get back on the wagon.
22. Take lots of pictures, but don't miss the experience because you're too concerned with taking said pictures.
23. You can learn something from everyone.
24. Be social and talk to people otherwise you'll miss out on new friends, business opportunities, people to date, and more.
25. Splurge every once in awhile, you deserve it.
25 BEAUTY LESSONS
1. Drink lots of water, if you're bad at this keep a water bottle with you at all times so you're forced to drink more.
2. Use hand cream, especially in the winter, because dried out and cracked hands are painful.
3. Try to use natural products when you can.
4. Always put on lip balm before bed because like your hands dry, cracked lips hurt.
5. Don't be afraid to use oils on your face.
6. If you like gel polish make sure to take a break from it every few weeks and allow your nails to grow and repair.
7. Don't cake on your foundation and consider using a BB or CC Cream instead for a more natural look.
8. Make sure you have good lighting where you do your makeup.
9. Mascara and concealer are the most important products in your makeup bag and can easily (and quickly) take you from a naked face to a better and slightly enhanced bare faced look.
10. Long showers are amazing, but make sure they're not too hot because you run the risk of drying out your hair and skin.
11. Always apply body lotion after a shower.
12. Exfoliating your face and body are incredibly important to maintain good skin.
13. Get a facial mist, it will boost hydration and help you feel refreshed.
14. Become a Beauty Insider at Sephora and join ULTAmate Rewards at Ulta. Both programs have many awesome perks and you will reap the benefits.
15. Don't skimp on your beauty products when traveling, especially if you're flying. Yes pair down your products, but not to the point where you will ruin your hair or skin while you're away. Make sure to get travel sizes of your favorite things to make packing easier.
16. Deep condition your hair at least once a week.
17. Always use a heat protection product on your hair before heat styling otherwise you can seriously damage your hair.
18. A facial cleansing device (like a Clarisonic) will drastically change your skin for the better.
19. Have a nighttime beauty ritual, not only will it help you take care of your hair and skin, but it will help you to relax too.
20. Do a face mask at least once a week to improve your skin, you will see instant and long term results from it. (If you're really serious about skincare though mask two to three times a week).
21. Try DIY beauty, it's fun to mix up your own products and often less expensive than store bought ones.
22. Clean your hairline with a toner or astringent (especially if you wash your hair every few days) to prevent breakouts.
23. Diaper rash cream (like Triple Paste) is amazing for dry spots on your skin and eczema.
24. Get regular haircuts to get rid of dead ends and help prevent breakage.
25. Get a clear lip liner so you can wear it with all of your lipsticks and prevent them from bleeding.
Have a great beauty or life lesson? Share it below!
Make sure to add me on Snapchat - @kthomp22!