Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I feel like it is the most under appreciated holiday, because it seems like everyone goes from Halloween straight to Christmas. I also feel like people only look forward to Thanksgiving for the food, don't get me wrong the food is great, but I feel like people forget the real meaning of Thanksgiving.
I love Thanksgiving because it isn't about presents or decorations (even though there are some really cute decorations out there and my Mom owns most of them!), it's about family and giving thanks. Although it shouldn't be the only time of year to do this, it's a great opportunity to really reflect on what you're thankful for. Now I'm going to get off my soapbox and share what I'm thankful for this year!
1. I am thankful for my wonderful family. I'm so lucky to have these amazing people in my life who support me and give me all the extra help that I need.
2. I'm thankful for my amazing friends and sorority sisters. I really have the greatest friends who are kind, helpful, and people I am always learning from.
3. I am thankful for my home. I feel like I have two homes now, both school and my family's home are home for me. Even though the latter of the two changed this past year it's reminded me what the word home truly means.
4. I'm thankful for all that I have gained from blogging. Starting this little space was one of my best decisions, it has taught me so much and I have created some great friendships because of it! Even on the days when blogging seems hard I still love everything about it and the blogosphere.
5. I am thankful for my dog. Coco is always happy and loves unconditionally, which really makes every day better.
6. I am thankful for Villanova. Villanova has made an incredible impact on my life and will always hold a place in my heart. My life has been changed for the better because of school and I have learned so much and met so many people through my incredible journey here.
I hope this year that everyone remembers what Thanksgiving is truly about, and can bring a little of that into their everyday lives. Have the most amazing day and enjoy this lovely holiday!
Make sure to add me on Snapchat - @kthomp22!